A Village Pub, Serving Excellent Food, Fine Wines and Cask Ales.
Darren and Rebecca Milner aim to provide you with a warm and friendly atmosphere, serving the highest quality meals and fine wines, plus traditional beers and ales in our beautifully refurbished restaurant and bars. We use good food which is sourced from local producers whenever possible, prepared by our award-winning chefs. Please note our menu will vary as the seasons change and different ingredients become available over the year. Together with our great team we will ensure you will always enjoy fine food with great wines and beers, and that you’ll want to come back.
- Listing categories Bars, Dog Friendly Places to Eat in Holmfirth, Eat & Drink, Halls and Rooms for Hire, Party Services, Pub Grub, Restaurant
The Farmer's Boy Restaurant Mon-Sat: 12 noon - 2pm, 6.30 - 9.00pm
Sun: 12.30 - 7.00pm
The Farmer's Boy Bar Daily: 12 noon - 11.30pm
- What is the Disabled Access?
- Access to The Farmers’ Boy is suitable for guests in wheelchairs and for those with walking difficulties. Please use the Restaurant entrance at the side of the building. Toilet facilities suitable for wheelchair users are available on the ground floor in the restaurant. Please call us on 01484 605941 if you require any further information.
- Do you do gift vouchers?
- Farmers Boy Gift Vouchers Why not give a special birthday, Christmas or New Year gift to the person in your life who has everything – including a discerning palate? The Farmer’s Boy Gift Vouchers are available to purchase all year round. Please call in at the Restaurant to make your purchase. Vouchers can be for any value you choose. Cash or card payment accepted.
- Can you give me more details about the Smokehouse
- The Farmer’s Boy smoke house is made from an old whiskey barrel and cast iron wood burning stove. Smoking started in November 2009 on a small scale, experimenting with various methods of curing/brining and smoking fish and meat. We have found we get the best result from brine consisting of water and sea salt, with molasses sugar for fish and a dry cure for bacon. We also add brandy, juniper berries and bay leaves. We are smoking over a combination of apple and cherry wood. We are now smoking at least once a week, with a wide range of items including kippers, mackerel, haddock and salmon. We also smoke back and streaky bacon which is dry cured on the premises prior to smoking. Please ask at The Farmer’s Boy if you would like to purchase our home-smoked products. Please note, as with our menus, all products are sourced locally whenever we can and are seasonal, so please also enquire about availability.