Help us to improve our directory of local community organisations
If you’re part of a local group, you’ve probably got a page in the Local organisations directory for Kirklees (formerly the KINFO database). Over 3,000 community organisations are featured in the directory, and it’s a great first point of contact for people who are looking for local groups, activities, venues and events.
However, many people have told us that they’d like it to be easier to use, more interesting and more flexible.
So, with your help, we’re going to improve it.
We aim to:
- Put people in contact with the right organisation or activity – quickly and easily – by offering clear, accurate, timely and engaging information.
- Offer useful tools for community groups, to help you promote what you do.
- Link the directory better with other web sites and tools (for example, so that you can search the directory from other web sites, or see your latest blogs appear automatically on your directory page).
We’re planning a series of improvements, based on feedback that we’ve received from community groups, residents, council staff and partner organisations so far. You can also share your views at any stage of the project.
How to get involved
- Please have a look at this summary of the project to see whether you think we’re taking the right approach: Our vision: A community directory for Kirklees (pdf)
- Please share your comments about the directory and any suggestions that you have about how we can improve it for you. You can leave a reply on this page or share your comments by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We’re also looking for some members of local groups to get more involved by helping to test out the new online directory as we complete each stage of the work. This might mean taking part in some group discussions where we look at the directory together and talk about whether it’s easy to use, whether you find it simple to update your page, and if it looks interesting. It will also be a chance for you to ask questions as the project develops and make suggestions for things that you’d like us to add or alter.
If you’d like to take part in the project, or if you’d like to find out more, please get in touch:
Diane Sims (Kirklees Council)
Tel. 01484 414823