Michael Dyson Associates Ltd, is an established, successful and prominent multi-disciplinary construction consultancy providing a comprehensive range of professional services to the social housing sector. Established in 1980 we have four decades of wide-ranging experience working with clients throughout the UK.
Based at our modern Head Office in Honley, Holmfirth this is a fantastic opportunity for an IT Assistant at the start of their I.T. career. The successful candidate will be required to support our IT Manager with internal IT support calls, miscellaneous tasks and project assistance within a busy Construction Consultancy.
Ideal candidates will have technical knowledge of software and hardware on various platforms and have a logical approach to problem-solving. Will require some experience with Windows 10/Office 365 in a server/client environment, Apple products and Microsoft Word & Excel applications. Server and SQL database knowledge would be preferable but not essential.
Key duties include:
- To provide IT support to staff, assisting them with hardware, software, desktop applications and communications problems.
- Support users working from home
- Manage IT hardware and software databases
- Manage backups of the IT systems
- Undertake benchmarking for various IT services used
- Download completed survey information and update address lists for the Asset Management Team
- Assist Project Managers in creating survey forms, managing survey data and running reports
- Experience of working within an IT assistant role (1-2 years)
- Technical knowledge of software and hardware
- Windows 10/MS Office 365 experience
- Familiarity of MS Excel & MS Excel formulas.
- Experience of conference systems/software such as MS Teams, Zoom, etc.
- A ‘can do’ and obliging attitude.
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Good timekeeping skills
- Good communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Hands-on approach to learning
- Full, clean driving licence preferable
Michael Dyson Associates Ltd is committed to equal opportunity and diversity and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
How to apply:
Apply via our website www.mdysoncareers.co.uk to upload a CV & covering letter along with details of your current and anticipated remuneration package. NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Please add “as seen on Holmfirth Events” within your application.