A Big THANK YOU from the Holmfirth Food and Drink Festival, we are really proud to be a part of it! Hope you all had a wonderful time!As we wind down for 2017 it’s time to reflect and say a few thank-yous.
Our 12th annual food and drink festival had many firsts:
1️⃣8️⃣ new stall holders 😲 The majority had sold out on the first day! 🚗🚶 The ‘park and walk’ was full for the first time (nearly 700 cars used the free park and walk this year, raising over £700 for 1St Holme Valley Scout Group) 🚙🚕The traffic flow through the town seemed much better at peak times - many said it was better than the usual weekend traffic! 🏧 And all the cash machines ran out of money!
A huge thank you to…
* The festival artists, who did a fabulous job at keeping the crowds entertained as they performed and roamed across the town.
* Our 25 staff and volunteers, who worked tirelessly to help keep everyone safe and the site clean.
* Heart Medical, our medical staff - an estimated 40,000+ crowd came this year and they only had to deal with one bee sting, that is a true testament to how responsible all our festival goers were!
* The stall holders, who were great to work with and it really helps the smooth running of the event when everyone pulls together.
* The local businesses and residents, for allowing us to take over the town for two days. We swell the population of the town by over 4x each day using roads that were built for horse and cart, which makes it especially difficult to keep everyone happy. Thank you for being so accommodating.
* The people that work behind the scenes, that rarely seek and get any public recognition but they know who they are and their efforts are much appreciated.
* Our sponsors, please give them a follow and check them out next time you might need their services - without their financial assistance we really couldn’t put the festival on.
Thanks to: Aye Agency BB's Salon - Hair & Beauty fairandfunky Federation of Small Businesses Holmfirth Events Longley Farm One Community Foundation Silcoates School Suma Wholefoods
And finally, I’d like to thank everyone for visiting and supporting the festival, in your thousands! Without you we really wouldn’t have a festival, so the biggest thank you goes to you.
🗓 Provisional dates for 2018 are 29th and 30th September so get those in your diary now!