Customer Service / Warehouse Assistant
Little Bird Told Me is an international toy brand based in Meltham. An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our small friendly team, assisting in varied duties in the following areas: administration, customer services, preparing orders, warehouse operations.
Salary: £18-20K depending on experience
Hours: 9am-5pm Monday to Friday (30 min lunch)
Holidays: 32 days annual leave (including 8 bank holidays)
Company Pension Scheme
All candidates must be eligible to both live and work in the UK.
- General administrative duties including correspondence by e-mail, answering the telephone in a professional manner and dealing with enquiries.
- Processing trade and consumer customer orders, from receipt through to despatch.
- Warehouse duties, including picking and packing orders, loading & unloading, assisting with stock takes and keeping the warehouse organised and tidy.
- Using Microsoft Office, in particular Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Dealing courteously and efficiently with all visitors.
- Inputting data onto internal systems with a high level of accuracy.
- Reviewing stock levels of product, spare components and stationary items, and assisting in reordering as and when appropriate.
- Dealing with faults and repair work.
- Assisting with preparation and attending/representing the company at trade or consumer shows.
- Assisting all members of the team as and when required.
- Ensuring that the Policies of the company are observed, and that good practice is encouraged, particularly in the areas of Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities and confidentiality.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by the organisation, which is relevant to your post within the company, to meet the overall business objectives.
Because of the nature of this role, you must be flexible and willing to work between the office and the warehouse and undertake manual work.
The ideal candidate:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with experience of customer service.
- Good numeracy and literacy skills. (GCSEs Grade C (4-9) or above in English and Maths is preferred, but not essential as work experience will be considered.
- Strong administration skills, with a keen eye for detail and accuracy.
- Extensive IT experience including Microsoft Office.
- Enthusiastic and motivated – able to work as part of a team or on own initiative, with ability to plan and organise own time effectively.
- Must be medically fit to undertake warehouse duties (for example manual handling of large boxes, loading & unloading on a daily basis).
- Willing to work in warehouse, undertaking mundane and routine manual work.
- Friendly, with a desire and willingness to learn, and flexible to the needs of the organisation.
Ideally we are looking to appoint the successful candidate to join our team in July 2021.
Please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Please, add “as seen on Holmfirth Events” within your application.
Closing date for applications: 31st May 2021