Childcare Practitioner (NVQ Level 3 or equivalent)
Club or setting: Shepley Preschool and Out of School Club
Location: Firth Street, Shepley, Huddersfield, HD8 8DD
Job title: Childcare Practitioner (NVQ Level 3 or equivalent)
Hours: 35 hours per week (8:30am-4:00pm Monday to Friday) within term
time, plus 15 hours per week within holiday club weeks.
Job type: Full Time, permanent
Closing date: Midday Friday 18th October 2019
Proposed interview date: W/C 21st October 2019
Start date: Immediate
Shepley Preschool and OOSC are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, pro-active and experienced early years practitioner. The applicant must be confident and willing to act as a key worker to a group of children. The successful applicant will work as part of our team, delivering and contributing to a high quality, caring and stimulating environment for our
Responsibilities and Duties
• To provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children in the setting.
• To act as a key worker to a group of children. Plan and carry out activities, observe and track progress ensuring Electronic Record of Achievement files are up to date.
• To work as part of a team in order to provide an enabling environment in which all individual children can play, develop and learn.
• To give support to the staff within the setting.
• To ensure the safeguarding and welfare of children in the setting.
• To build and maintain strong partnership, working with parents and families and liaising with outside agencies were necessary to enable children’s needs to be met.
Qualifications and Skills
Must have NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Early Years with a minimum of 2 years experience. Food hygiene and first aid qualifications would be desirable. Must have a strong working knowledge and understanding of safeguarding, health and safety systems and procedures.
Able to work well in a team and be able to build good relationships with children, parents and other staff.
For a full job description and to request an application form please contact Emma Booth via
email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01484 606 022 or 07971 022 022.
Shepley Preschool and OOSC is committed to providing equality of opportunity and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post-holder will be required to adhere to the preschool’s safeguarding procedures and policies and be seen to actively promote our safeguarding systems. All appointments will be subject to receiving satisfactory references; clearance of an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory health clearance.