Caretaker, Holmfirth Civic Hall
Location: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire
Requirements of the role:-
This is an interesting and flexible role for the right person to help support the work of Holmfirth Civic Hall. Holmfirth Civic Hall is a Grade II listed building in the heart of Holmfirth, owned by Holme Valley Parish Council and run and managed on a daily basis by Holmfirth Civic Hall Community Trust.
Reporting to the Centre Manager, your role will ensure the building is operated on a day to day basis including opening and locking up, Maintenance, security and cleaning. This is a flexible part time role of 15 hours with standard hours throughout the week, and flexibility required throughout the weekend.
Pay and remuneration:-
£7, 500. 80 pro-rata at 15 hours per week and includes paid holidays accrued via hours worked.
– Working in a customer-facing role;
– Facilities support and/or management; Flexibility and adaptability;
– Good communications skills;
– Time and priority management without detailed supervision;
– Personal warmth and empathy, with a strong customer focus and the ability to build relationships;
– Security & Building Operations
– Opening and closing the Hall to meet routine and none-routine requirements of the hall hirers. Including Set up and take downs.
– Carry out security procedures for the building.i.e opening and locking doors, deactivating/activating alarms, identifying repairs, weekly fire alarms tests.
– Operating the boiler systems, so adequate temperatures are maintained for all users.
– Carry out activities to ensure that reasonable access is possible in times of inclement weather
– To attend call out as required
– Grounds maintenance activities, for example litter picking and weed-killing
– Organise and perform daily cleaning duties as per managers rota.
– Perform occasional non routine cleaning tasks as and when required
– Organise any cleaning with Manager that could not be foreseen and planned on a routine basis by using cleaning contractors.
– Ensure ground drain gullies, toilets and sink outlets remain free flowing and clean
– In the event of snow, frost or minor flooding ensure access to at least one entrance is provided.
– Being a positive member of the staff, maintaiing good relationships with hall users and other members of the community.
– Ensure all visitors to the hall are dealt with in a prompt, courteous and efficient manner
– Interacting with hall users to understand their requirements and helping to ensure they are met in the best possible way.
– New and potential customers are given access and escorted round for viewing the hall
– Responsible for the security of the site including ensuring that unexpected people on site are challenged to ensure there are no risks to hirers.
– Carry out ‘’first aid’’ emergency repairs to ensure building security as the need arises
– Identify and collate defects and repairs that require attention, action after discussion with manager.
– Dispose of rubbish and ensure unimpeded access for refuse collectors to enable bins and containers to be emptied without hazard.
– Report all evidence of vermin/pests immediately to Manager
– Ensure all bins are emptied as and when required
– Ensure the Hall entrance is litter free
Please apply in writing to Hall Manager, of Holmfirth Civic Hall Community Trust, supplying your CV and a covering letter detailing your suitability for the role. For an informal chat please call 01484682643 or email email@example.com.
Closing date: Monday 23rd March 12pm.
Please add “As seen on Holmfirth Events” within your application, thank you!