Caretaker, Holmfirth Civic Hall
Location: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire
Requirements of the role:-
This is an interesting and flexible role for the right person to help support the work of Holmfirth Civic Hall. Holmfirth Civic Hall is a Grade II listed building in the heart of Holmfirth, owned by Holme Valley Parish Council and run and managed on a daily basis by Holmfirth Civic Hall Community Trust.
Reporting to the Centre Manager, your role will ensure the building is operated on a day to day basis including opening and locking up, maintenance, security and cleaning.
This is a flexible part time role of 15 hours with standard hours throughout the week, and flexibility required throughout the weekend.
Pay and remuneration:-
£7, 500. 80 pro-rata at 15 hours per week and includes paid holidays accrued via hours worked.
- Working in a customer-facing role;
- Facilities support and/or management;
- Flexibility and adaptability;
- Good communications skills;
- Time and priority management without detailed supervision;
- Personal warmth and empathy, with a strong customer focus and the ability to build relationships;
Security & Building Operations
- Opening and closing the Hall to meet routine and none-routine requirements of the hall hirers. Including Set up and take downs.
- Carry out security procedures for the building.i.e opening and locking doors, deactivating/activating alarms, identifying repairs, weekly fire alarms tests.
- Operating the boiler systems, so adequate temperatures are maintained for all users.
- Carry out activities to ensure that reasonable access is possible in times of inclement weather
- To attend call out as required
- Grounds maintenance activities, for example litter picking and weed-killing
- Orgainise and perform daily cleaning duties as per managers rota.
- Perform occasional non routine cleaning tasks as and when required
- Organise any cleaning with Manager that could not be foreseen and planned on a routine basis by using cleaning contractors.
- Ensure ground drain gullies, toilets and sink outlets remain free flowing and clean
- In the event of snow, frost or minor flooding ensure access to at least one entrance is provided.
- Being a positive member of the staff, maintaiing good relationships with hall users and other members of the community.
- Ensure all visitors to the hall are dealt with in a prompt, courteous and efficient manner
- Interacting with hall users to understand their requirements and helping to ensure they are met in the best possible way.
- New and potential customers are given access and escorted round for viewig the hall
- Responsible for the security of the site including ensuring that unexpected people on site are challenged to ensure there are no risks to hirers.
- Carry out ‘’first aid’’ emergency repairs to ensure building security as the need arises
- Identify and collate defects and repairs that require attention, action after discussion with manager.
- Dispose of rubbish and esure unimpended access for refuse collectors to enable bins and containers to be emptied without hazard.
- Report all evidence of vermin/pests immediately to Manager
- Ensure all bins are emptied as and when required
- Ensure the Hall entrance is litter free
|Monday||07.00-10.00||Or day off if duties completd over the weekend|
|Friday||07.00-10.00||Or Day off if required over weekend|
|Saturday||Ad-Hoc 1-3 Hours|
|Sunday||Ad- Hoc 1-3 Hours|
Please apply in writing to Liz Annett, Centre Manager of Holmfirth Civic Hall Community Trust, supplying your CV and a covering letter detailing your suitability for the role. For an informal chat please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please, add “as seen on Holmfirth Events” within your application.